Saturday, July 6, 2013

How long do you wanna be loved?

They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade...
"Lullaby" by Dixie Chicks

As much as I love Tumblr (and my love is endless and vast), I figured I should have a place where readers can come and not be bombarded by photos of pretty clothes, pretty people, pretty pictures, pretty hair, and pretty/heartbreaking quotes. This space will be dedicated to my writing. I like music and lyrics, so I'll also post those sporadically along with updates about my writing projects.

Currently, my first New Adult (NA) novel has been released and it's called Always. Always is a story about first-loves and how love can transcend miles, time, and backgrounds. 

Here's the description:

A new university, a fresh start, and no falling in love.

After a freshman year from hell, Juliet Stowe's heart is in a million pieces. She transfers to a new school, determined to leave the past behind. 
But when she's paired up with Lucas McNamara, the 'boy next door' all deliciously grown up, she knows she's in trouble. Back then she didn't understood why her mother, who used to work for Lucas' family, told her not to get attached. But they were inseparable -until her mother was fired because the McNamaras don't mix with the help.

He never thought he'd see her again...

Lucas McNamara knew there was something familiar about his biology partner and is floored when it hits him. She's 'Julie'--the barefoot beauty who was unlike any girl he'd ever met then or since. 
While years have passed and he's far from the carefree kid that Juliet once knew, one thing remains the same. He wants her. He's always wanted her--but he's the heir to the McNamara multi-million dollar empire and his family is hell bent on keeping them apart.

 And here's the cover, because I think it's gorgeous. ;)



Now, this story is not without its faults. Editing issues slipped past me and my early beta-readers and I've had questions and concerns about the short epilogue. I apologize for these issues (and I'm in the process of broadening my beta-readers beyond my besties since they may or may not have been worrying about hurting my feelings by being too hardcore)...please be patient with me and I hope that despite the errors you enjoyed Lucas and Juliet's story because I loved telling it. I assure you that from here on out, I will double, triple, quadruple check and also have a professional editor take a look at these things to ensure you're not distracted from the important thing, which is how much my characters heart each other.

I am considering writing a second and third book and I hope you'll stick around for the ride if I choose to expand upon their journey to HEA! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment