Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What would you like to read next?

Now that Never is out and Juliet and Lucas got their HEA, what would you like to read next?

Project #1

Project #1 features Kim and her sexy business professor. Since it's a spin off from Always/Never, you'll get a peek of what's going on with Juliet and Lucas, but the story will focus on Kim and her background and her tumultuous affair with Mr. Spero.

Just as a refresher, here's the background for Kim and Mr. Spero.

From Always

"Did you finally get a hold of your advisor?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
"Ugh, no," Kim sighed, tucking her flask back in her desk. I let out a sigh of my own when it disappeared. 
Out of sight, out of mind.
"I don't know what his deal is," she continued, trudging to her bed and plopping down. Kimberly Turnage didn't trudge, plop, or go down without a fight, so I couldn't help but pull up to a seated position, giving her my full attention.
It was no secret that Mr. Spero didn't mess around. He'd worked as a high powered executive on Wall Street before leaving the finance world, but didn't drop the cold professionalism that suited him well in that occupation. Word was that he took freshmen who were bright eyed and bushy tailed, minds set on studying business--and ran them right out of the department. Apparently, he'd taken one look at Kim and laughed in her face. She'd mouthed off, showing her spine and determination, but he never shook his obvious disinterest in advising her. 
Even though I knew she didn't appreciate him chewing her up and spitting her out, I think she was even more offended that her charm didn't work. Kim was used to dazzling everyone she encountered. 
"So I go in because I need his sig to drop a class. I'm already taking fifteen credits and with the advanced business class and French, I just needed to take it down a notch. You know what he said?" She rolled her shoulders back, raised her chin and tried on her best New Yorker accent. "'Can't hack it, huh?'"
"Wow," I murmured in disbelief. It was hard enough transferring in and being so far from home. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that on top of one of the few contacts at the university making me feel as crappy as Mr. Spero made Kim feel.
"Have you thought about talking to the department head?"
"Absolutely not," she said adamantly. "That's exactly what he wants--me to run and tattle on him." She pursed her glossy lips. "I can handle Mr. Spero."
I smiled. If anyone could handle him, she could.

From Never

"Holy crap," I said aloud as a dead ringer for Sawyer from Lost strode down the hall toward us, smiling at me. He had every attractive feature the island bad boy had in spades. Shaggy, dirty blond hair that seemed to fall in perfect layers? Check. Greenish-blue eyes that would reduce even the most eloquent girl to a bumbling idiot? Yep. A bad boy air about him that screamed danger and pillow-shredding sex? Oh yeah.
Kim turned to see what had rendered me speechless and I realized the mystery guy wasn't smiling at me all. His eyes were on her, and her alone.
She lurched to her feet as he came closer and I realized I’d seen him before. Grad student maybe?
"Mr. Spero!" Kim said, her voice trembling slightly. "What are you doing here?" 
My jaw dropped. He was Mr. Spero? Kim’s ‘business professor from Hell’?
I glanced at her and was even more dumbfounded. Kim, the most gregarious person I'd ever met, was nervous.
He sliced a hand through his hair, giving her a half smile. "I'm helping the theatre department with marketing their summer series." 
The air around us had changed. I looked back and forth between the two of them and I didn’t need psychic abilities to know there was something going on. They had major chemistry.
I cleared my throat and his bright eyes shot over to me, cheeks darkening slightly before he looked back at Kim. "Friend of yours?"
"What?" Kim let out an airy, uncomfortable giggle and faced me. "Oh! Uh, Mr. Spero--"
"Jason," he corrected smoothly, still wearing that smirk.
It was impossible for Kim to get any redder. "T-This is my friend, Juliet."
Mr. Spero extended his hand, giving mine a firm shake. "Nice to meet you."
I had no romantic interest in him, but I couldn't deny the guy was breathtakingly attractive. I shook his hand, letting out an embarrassed giggle before I kicked myself. What the eff, Juliet?
I knew picking up on their sexual tension made me turn red as a freaking tomato, but it didn't make me feel any better. My transparent skin made playing it off impossible. Luckily, he was so tuned into Kim that he didn't even give me a second glance.


Project #2

I was inspired to write this story after watching Carrie at Halloween. No, it's not a horror story. :) I just wondered what would happen if a not-so-popular girl fell for a super popular guy...who grew into an international superstar...and Lola Matthews and Ian Stone were born!

Lola Matthews loved Ian Stone from the moment he kissed her. Sure, it was because they were cast as the leads in her high school's production of Romeo and Juliet, but she was always drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He was nice to her at a time when everyone else treated her like a social leper--and worse. He saved her.

Five years later, Lola is back in her hometown, teaching at the same high school. After his last couple of films bombed at the box office, Ian is back too--but the kind, charismatic guy she knew is long gone. The guy who returned to Elk Falls is bitter and obnoxious, burning every bridge that carried him to Hollywood in the first place.

Lola knows she should keep her distance. But old flames die hard and maybe, this time she can save him.

I'm really excited about writing both of them and I hope you're just as excited about reading them! :)

Which brings us to the poll. Which would you like to read first? Kim and her professor, or Lola and Ian?
Clicky-click the one that tickles your fancy!


Which book would you like to read first?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Thanks for reading and being the awesomest! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment